I am a Senior Researcher at Microsoft Research, Redmond at the EPIC team. I work on leveraging Generative AI models (LLMs and Diffusion models) to enhance user productivity and collaboration in business-critical applications. I am particularly interested in customizing, finetuning, and aligning generative AI models for specific end-user applications.
Before joining Microsoft, I completed my Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley where I was advised by Prof. Björn Hartmann. My research at Berkeley was concentrated in the domains of Virtual and Augmented Reality, exploring applications in diverse activities, from AR/VR-assisted robotics interactions to enhancing learning experiences. Before that, I completed my Bachelors at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras where my Bachelors’ thesis won the best interdisciplinary thesis project amongst all engineering departments and the best thesis in the department.
During my PhD I got to intern at various places and work with amazing collaborators across Microsoft, Adobe and Autodesk - Cuong Nguyen , Stephen DiVerdi , Fraser Anderson , Tovi Grossman , George Fitzmaurice , and Andy Wilson
Our team is hiring interns for Summer 2024 - Feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sep 11, 2022||Started working as Senior Researcher at the Extended, Perception, Interaction and Cognition (EPIC) team at Microsoft Research, Redmond|
|Aug 13, 2022||Graduated from UC Berkeley, with a PhD in Computer Science!|
- Shaping the new future of work through mixed reality2022
- Interactive Cross-Dimensional Media for Collaboration and Guidance in Mixed Reality EnvironmentsUniversity of California, Berkeley, 2022
- Modeling and Influencing Human Attentiveness in Autonomy-to-Human Perception Hand-offsIn 2022 IEEE 25th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2022
- DreamStream: Immersive and Interactive Spectating in VRIn Proceedings of the 2022 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 2022
- TransceiVR: Bridging asymmetrical communication between VR users and external collaboratorsIn Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, 2020
- TutoriVR: A Video-Based Tutorial System for Design Applications in Virtual RealityIn CHI ’19: Proceedings of the 2019 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 2019
- Loki: Facilitating remote instruction of physical tasks using bi-directional mixed-reality telepresenceIn Proceedings of the 32nd Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, 2019